(in reverse chronological order)
Google scholar citations here
Kim M, Bayly PV, Meacham JM. Motile cells as probes for characterizing acoustofluidic devices. Lab Chip. 2021 Jan 28. doi: 10.1039/d0lc01025a. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33507201.
Manduca A, Bayly PJ, Ehman RL, Kolipaka A, Royston TJ, Sack I, Sinkus R, Van Beers BE. MR elastography: Principles, guidelines, and terminology. Magn Reson Med. 2020 Dec 9. doi: 10.1002/mrm.28627. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33296103.
Knutsen AK, Gomez AD, Gangolli M, Wang W-T, Chan D, Lu Y-C, Christoforou E, Prince JL, Bayly PV, Butman JA, Pham DL. In vivo estimates of axonal stretch and 3D brain deformation during mild head impact. Brain Multiphysics. 2020.
McGarry M, Van Houten E, Guertler CA, Okamoto RJ, Smith D, Sowinski D, Johnson CL, Bayly PV, Weaver J, Paulsen K. A Heterogenous, Time Harmonic, Nearly Incompressible Transverse Isotropic Finite Element Brain Simulation for MR Elastography. doi: 10.1088/1361-6560/ab9a84. Epub ahead of print. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 2020.
Smith D, Guertler CA, Okamoto RJ, Romano A, Bayly PV, Johnson CL. Multi-Excitation MR Elastography of the Brain: Wave Propagation in Anisotropic White Matter. J Biomech Eng. 2020. doi: 10.1115/1.4046199. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32006012.
Guertler CA, Okamoto RJ, Ireland J, Pacia C, Garbow JR, Chen H, Bayly PV. Estimation of Anisotropic Material Properties of Soft Tissue by MRI of Ultrasound-induced Shear Waves. J Biomech Eng. 2020. doi:10.1115/1.4046127. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31980814.
117. Hou Z, Okamoto RJ, Bayly PV. Shear wave propagation and estimation of material parameters in a nonlinear, fibrous material. J Biomechanical Engineering. Epub ahead of print. doi:10.1115/1.4044504.
116. Kim M, Huff E, Bottier M, Dutcher SK, Bayly PV, Meacham JM. Acoustic trap-and-release for rapid assessment of cell motility. Soft Matter. 2019. doi: 10.1039/c9sm00184k. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 30968924.
115. Bottier M, Thomas KA, Dutcher SK, Bayly PV. How Does Cilium Length Affect Beating? Biophys J. 2019. 116(7):1292-1304. doi: 10.1016/j.bpj.2019.02.012. PMID: 30878201; PMCID: PMC6451027.
114. Okamoto RJ, Romano AJ, Johnson CL, Bayly PV. Insights Into Traumatic Brain Injury From MRI of Harmonic Brain Motion. J Exp Neurosci. 2019. 13:1179069519840444. doi: 10.1177/1179069519840444. PMID: 31001064; PMCID: PMC6454654.
113. Chan DD, Knutsen AK, Lu YC, Yang SH, Magrath E, Wang WT, Bayly PV, Butman JA, Pham DL. Statistical Characterization of Human Brain Deformation During Mild Angular Acceleration Measured In Vivo by Tagged Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 2018. 140(10). doi:10.1115/1.4040230. PMID: 30029236. Selected as the 2018 Richard Skalak Award for Outstanding Paper in JBME.
112. K.E. Garcia, C.D. Kroenke, P.V. Bayly. Mechanics of cortical folding: stress, growth, and stability. Phil Trans B. In press. 2018.
111. P.V. Bayly and J.R. Garbow. Pre-clinical MR elastography: principles, techniques, and applications. (Invited review). Journal of Magnetic Resonance. 2018. 291:73-83. doi: 10.1016/j.jmr.2018.01.004. PMID:29705042
110. A. Oltean, A.J. Schaffer1, P.V. Bayly, S.L. Brody. Quantifying ciliary dynamics during assembly reveals step-wise waveform maturation in airway cells. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology. In press. 2018.
109. A.A. Badachhape, R.J. Okamoto, C.L. Johnson, P.V. Bayly. Relationships between Scalp, Brain and Skull Motion Estimated using Magnetic Resonance Elastography. Journal of Biomechanics. In press. 2018.
108. K.E. Garcia, E.C. Robinson, D. Alexopoulos, D.L. Dierker, L.A. Taber, D.C. Van Essen, C.E. Rogers, C.D. Smyser, P.V. Bayly. Dynamic patterns of cortical expansion during folding of the preterm human brain. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 2018. pii: 201715451. doi:10.1073/pnas.1715451115. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29507201
107. T. Hu and P.V. Bayly. Finite element models of flagella with sliding radial spokes and inter-doublet links exhibit propagating waves under steady dynein loading. Cytoskeleton. doi: 10.1002/cm.21432. PMID: 29316355
106. C.D. Kroenke, P.V. Bayly. How forces fold the cerebral cortex. Journal of Neuroscience. 38(4):767-775. 2018. PMID: 29367287
105. C.A. Guertler, R.J. Okamoto, J.L. Schmidt, A.A. Badachhape, C.L. Johnson, P.V. Bayly. Mechanical Properties of Porcine Brain Tissue In Vivo and Ex Vivo Estimated by MR Elastography. Journal of Biomechanics. 69:10-18. 2018
104. P.F. Beauchemin, P.V. Bayly, J. R. Garbow, J.L. Schmidt, R.J. Okamoto, F. Chériet, D. Périé. Frequency dependent shear properties of bovine ex vivo intervertebral disc. NMR in Biomedicine. 2018. doi:10.1002/nbm.3918. PMID: 29727498
103. JL Schmidt, DJ Tweten, AA Badachhape, AJ Reiter, RJ Okamoto, JR Garbow, PV Bayly. Measurement of anisotropic mechanical properties in porcine brain white matter ex vivo using magnetic resonance elastography. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 2017. 79:30-37. doi: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2017.11.045. PMID: 29253729.
102. D.J. Tweten, P.V. Bayly, A.E. Carlsson. Actin growth profile in clathrin mediated endocytosis. In press. Physical Review E. 2017.
101. A.A. Badachhape, R.J. Okamoto, R. S. Durham, B.D. Efron, S. J. Nadell, C.L. Johnson, P.V. Bayly. The Relationship of 3D Human Skull Motion to Brain Tissue Deformation in Magnetic Resonance Elastography Studies. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. doi:10.1115/1.4036146. 2017. PMID: 28267188.
100. S. Ganpule, N.P. Daphalapurkar, K.T. Ramesh, A.K. Knutsen, D.L. Pham, P.V. Bayly, J.L. Prince. A 3D computational human head model that captures live human brain dynamics. Journal of Neurotrauma. In press. 2017.
99. D.J. Tweten, R.J. Okamoto, P.V. Bayly. Requirements for accurate estimation of anisotropic material parameters by magnetic resonance elastography. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. In press. doi: 10.1002/mrm.26600. 2017. PMID: 28097687.
98. F. Xing, J.Woo, A.D. Gomez, D.L. Pham, P.V. Bayly, M. Stone, J.L. Prince. Phase vector incompressible registration algorithm (PVIRA) for motion estimation from tagged magnetic resonance images. In press. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 2017.
- P.V. Bayly and S.K. Dutcher. Steady dynein forces induce flutter instability and propagating waves in mathematical models of flagella. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 123:pii 20160523. 2016. PMID: 27798276.
- K.E. Garcia, R.J. Okamoto, P.V. Bayly, L.A Taber. Contraction and stress-dependent growth generate forces that shape the embryonic forebrain. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. In press. 2016.
- Y.Feng, E.H. Clayton, R.J. Okamoto, J. Engelbach, P.V. Bayly, J. R. Garbow. A longitudinal magnetic resonance elastography study of murine brain tumors following radiation therapy. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 61(16):6121-31. 2016. PMID: 27461395.
- Y. Feng, R.J. Okamoto, G.M. Genin, P.V. Bayly. On the accuracy and fitting of transversely isotropic material models. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 61:554-566. 2016. PMID: 27136091.
- G. Xu, K.S. Wilson, R.J. Okamoto, J.Y. Shao, S.K. Dutcher, P.V. Bayly. Flexural rigidity and shear stiffness of flagella estimated from induced bends and counterbends. Biophysical Journal. 110(12):2759-68. 2016. PMID: 27332134.
- J.L. Schmidt, D.J. Tweten, A.N. Benegal, C.H. Walker, T. Portnoi, R.J. Okamoto, J.R. Garbow, P.V. Bayly. Magnetic resonance elastography of slow and fast shear waves illuminates differences in shear and tensile moduli in anisotropic tissue. Journal of Biomechanics. 49(7):1042-9. 2016. PMID: 26920505
- D.J. Tweten, R.J. Okamoto, J.L. Schmidt, J.R. Garbow, P.V. Bayly. Estimation of material parameters from slow and fast shear waves in an incompressible, transversely isotropic material. Journal of Biomechanics. 48(15):4002-9. 2015. PMID: 26476762.
- K.S. Wilson, O. Gonzalez, S.K. Dutcher, P.V. Bayly. Dynein-deficient flagella respond to increased viscosity with contrasting changes in power and recovery strokes. Cytoskeleton. 72(9):477-902015. PMID: 26314933.
- P.V. Bayly, K.S. Wilson. Analysis of unstable modes distinguishes mathematical models of flagellar motion. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 12(106). 2015. doi: 10.1098/rsif.2015.0124. PMID: 25833248
- P.G. Massouros, P.V. Bayly, G.M. Genin. Strain localization in an oscillating Maxwell viscoelastic cylinder. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 51(2):305-313. 2014.
- A.K. Knutsen, E. Magrath, J. McEntee, F. Xing, J.L. Prince, P.V. Bayly, J.A. Butman, D.L. Pham. Improved measurement of brain deformation during mild head acceleration using a novel tagged MRI sequence. Journal of Biomechanics. 47(14):3475-81. 2014. PMID: 25287113
- P.V. Bayly, K.S. Wilson. Equations of inter-doublet separation during flagella motion reveal mechanisms of wave propagation and instability. Biophysical Journal. 107:1756-72. 2014. PMID: 25296329. Highlighted as New and Notable article in Biophysical Journal.
- Carlsson AE, Bayly PV. Force generation by endocytic actin patches in budding yeast. Biophysical Journal. 2014 Apr 15;106(8):1596-606. PMID: 24739159
2013 and previous
- Horani A, Brody SL, Ferkol TW, Shoseyov D, Wasserman MG, Ta-shma A, Wilson KS, Bayly PV, Amirav I, Cohen-Cymberknoh M, Dutcher SK, Elpeleg O, Kerem E.CCDC65 mutation causes primary ciliary dyskinesia with normal ultrastructure and hyperkinetic cilia. PLoS One. 8(8):e72299. 2013
- P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber, and C.D. Kroenke. Mechanical forces in cerebral cortical folding: measurements and models. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 29:568-81. 2014 (Invited review.)
- P.V. Bayly, R.J. Okamoto, G. Xu, Y. Shi, and L.A. Taber. A cortical folding model incorporating stress-dependent growth explains gyral wavelengths and stress patterns in the developing brain. Physical Biology. 10(1):016005. 2013.
- E.H. Clayton, R.J. Okamoto, P.V. Bayly. Mechanical properties of viscoelastic media by local frequency estimation of divergence-free wave fields. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 135(2):021025. 2013. Selected for 2013 Editor’s Choice Award from JBME.
- Filas BA, Majidi SJ, Oltean A, Beebe DC, Bayly PV, Taber LA. Regional differences in actomyosin contraction mediate brain vesicle formation in the chick embryo. Physical Biology. 9(6):066007. 2012
- Y. Feng, E.H. Clayton, Y. Chang, RJ Okamoto, PV Bayly. Viscoelastic properties of the ferret brain measured in vivo at multiple frequencies by magnetic resonance elastography. Journal of Biomechanics. 46(5):863-70. 2012.
- Y Feng, RJ Okamoto, R Namani, GM Genin, PV Bayly. Measurement of mechanical anisotropy in brain tissue and implications for transversely isotropic models of white matter. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 23:117-32. 2013
- Connesson N, Clayton EH, Bayly PV, Pierron F. Extension of the Optimized Virtual Fields Method to estimate viscoelastic material parameters from 3D dynamic displacement fields. Strain. 51:110-134. 2015.
- A Horani, TE Druley, MA Zariwala,BT Levinson, LG Van Arendonk, KC Thornton,2 JC Giacalone, AJ Albee, KS Wilson, EH Turner, DA Nickerson, J Shendure,AC Patel, PV Bayly, MW Leigh, MR Knowles, SL Brody, SK Dutcher,TW Ferkol. Whole exome capture and sequencing identifies HEATR2 mutation as a cause of primary ciliary dyskinesia. American Journal of Human Genetics. 91(4):685-93. 2012.
- Filas BA, Oltean A, Beebe DC, Okamoto RJ, Bayly PV, Taber LA. A potential role for differential contractility in early brain development and evolution. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 11(8):1251-62. 2012.
- E.H. Clayton, G.M. Genin, P.V. Bayly. Transmission, attenuation, and reflection of shear waves in the human brain. J Roy Soc Interface. 9(76):2899-2910. 2012.
- Namani R., Feng Y., Okamoto R. J., Jesuraj N., Sakiyama-Elbert S. E., Genin G. M., Bayly P. V., Elastic Characterization of Transversely Isotropic Soft Materials by Dynamic Shear and Asymmetric Indentation, J. Biomechanical Engineering. 134(6):061004. 2012. Selected as the 2013 Richard Skalak Award for Outstanding Paper in JBME.
- Knutsen AK, Kroenke CD, Chang YV, Taber LA, Bayly PV. Spatial and temporal variations of cortical growth in the developing ferret brain. Cerebral Cortex. 23(2):488-98. 2013
- PV Bayly, EH Clayton, GM Genin. Quantitative imaging methods for the development and validation of brain biomechanics models. Annu. Rev. Biomed. Eng. 14:369-396. 2012.
- Kotiya AA, Bayly PV, Silva MJ. Short-term low-strain vibration enhances chemo-transport yet does not stimulate osteogenic gene expression or cortical bone formation in adult mice. Bone. 48(3):468-75. 2011.
- Abney TM, Feng Y, Pless R, Okamoto RJ, Genin GM, Bayly PV. Principal component analysis of dynamic relative displacement fields estimated from MR images. PLoS One. 6(7):e22063. 2011.
- PV Bayly, LA Taber, AE Carlsson. Damped and persistent oscillations in a simple model of cell crawling. J Roy Soc Interface. 9(71):1241-53. 2011.
- RJ Okamoto, EH Clayton, PV Bayly. Viscoelastic properties of soft gels: comparison of magnetic resonance elastography and dynamic shear testing in the shear wave regime. Phys Med Biol. 56(19):6379-6400. 2011.
- KE Vanderwaal, R Yamamoto, KI Wakabayashi, L Fox, R Kamiya, SK Dutcher, PV Bayly, WS Sale, ME Porter. bop5 mutations reveal new roles for the IC138 phosphoprotein in the regulation of flagellar motility and asymmetric waveforms. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 22(16):2862-74. 2011.
- P.V. Bayly, B.L. Lewis, E.C. Ranz, R.J. Okamoto, R.B. Pless, S.K. Dutcher. Propulsive forces on the flagellum during locomotion of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Biophysical Journal 100(11):2716-25. 2011.
- E.H. Clayton, J.R. Garbow, P.V. Bayly. Frequency-dependent viscoelastic parameters of mouse brain tissue estimated by MR elastography. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 56(8):2391-406. 2011.
- L.A. Taber, Y Shi, L. Yang, P.V. Bayly. A poroelastic model for cell crawling including mechanical coupling between cytoskeletal contraction and actin polymerization. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures 6(1):569-589. 2011.
- B. Filas, P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber. Mechanical stress as a regulator of cytoskeletal contractility and nuclear shape in embryonic epithelia. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 39(1):443-54. 2011.
- Y. Feng, T.M. Abney, R.J. Okamoto, R.B. Pless, G.M. Genin, P.V. Bayly. Relative brain displacement and deformation during constrained mild frontal head impact. J Roy Soc Interface. 7(53):1677-88. 2010.
- G. Xu, A.K. Knutsen, K. Dikranian, C.D. Kroenke, P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber. Axons pull on the brain, but tension does not drive cortical folding. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 132(7):071013. 2010.
- A.K. Knutsen, Y. Chang, C.M. Grimm, L. Phan, L.A. Taber, P.V. Bayly. A new method to measure cortical growth in the developing brain. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 132(10):101004. 2010.
- P. V. Bayly, B. L. Lewis, P. L. Kemp, R. B. Pless, S. K. Dutcher. Efficient spatiotemporal analysis of the flagellar waveform of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Cytoskeleton. 2010 67(1):56-69, 2009.
- G. Xu, P.S. Kemp, J.A. Hwu, A. Beagley, P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber, Opening angles and material properties of the early embryonic chick brain. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 132(1):011005. 2010.
- Kim JH, Tu TW, Bayly PV, Song SK. Impact speed does not determine severity of spinal cord injury in mice with fixed impact displacement. Journal of Neurotrauma. 26(8):1395-404.2009.
- R. Namani, M.D. Wood, S.E. Sakiyama-Elbert, P.V. Bayly. Anisotropic mechanical properties of magnetically aligned fibrin gels measured by magnetic resonance elastography. Journal of Biomechanics, 42(13):2047-53. 2009.
- A.R. Barnette, J.J. Neil, C.D. Kroenke, J.L. Griffith, A.A. Epstein, P.V. Bayly, A.K. Knutsen, T.E. Inder. Characterization of Brain Development in the Ferret via Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Pediatrics Research, 66(1):80-84. 2009.
- C.D. Kroenke, E.N. Taber, L.A. Leigland, A.K. Knutsen, Philip V. Bayly, Regional Patterns of Cerebral Cortical Differentiation Determined by Diffusion Tensor MRI. Cerebral Cortex, 19(12):2916-29. 2009.
- Q. Lou, C.M. Ripplinger, P.V. Bayly, I.R. Efimov. Quantitative panoramic imaging of epicardial electrical activity. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 36(10):1649-58, 2008.
- G. Xu, P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber. Residual stress in the adult mouse brain. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. 8(4):253-262, 2009.
- B.A. Christiansen, P.V. Bayly, M.J. Silva. A new method for studying the anabolic effects of vibrational loading of bone: constrained tibial vibration in mice. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 130(4):044502, 2008.
- B. Filas, A.K. Knutsen, P.V. Bayly, L.A. Taber. A new method for measuring deformation of folding surfaces during morphogenesis. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 130(6):061010. 2008.
- K. Dikranian; R. Cohen; C.L. Mac Donald; Y. Pan; D. Brakefield; P. Bayly; A. Parsadanian. Mild traumatic brain injury to the infant mouse causes robust white matter axonal degeneration which precedes apoptotic death of cortical and thalamic neurons. Experimental Neurology 211(2):551-60, 2008.
- T.S. Cohen, A. Smith, , P. G. Massouros, P.V.Bayly, A.Q. Shen, and G.M. Genin. Inelastic behavior in repeated shearing of bovine white matter. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 130(4):044504, (Tech. Brief) 2008.
- P.V. Bayly, P. Massouros, E. Christoforou, A. Sabet, G.M. Genin. Magnetic resonance measurement of transient shear wave propagation in a viscoelastic gel cylinder. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. 56(5):2036-2049, 2008.
- C.L. Mac Donald, K. Schwetye, K. Dikranian, P.V. Bayly, D.M. Holtzman, D.L. Brody. Diffusion tensor imaging reliably detects experimental traumatic axonal injury and indicates approximate time of injury. Journal of Neuroscience 27(44):11869-76, 2007.
- A. A. Sabet, E. Christoforou, B. Zatlin, G.M. Genin, P.V. Bayly. Deformation of the human brain induced by mild angular acceleration. Journal of Biomechanics. 41(2):307-15, 2008.
- Atay SM, Kroenke C, Sabet A, Bayly PV, Measurement of the dynamic shear modulus of mouse brain tissue in vivo by magnetic resonance elastography. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 130(2):021013, 2008.
- Mac Donald CL, Dikranian K, Song SK, Bayly PV, Holtzman DM, Brody DL, Detection of traumatic axonal injury with diffusion tensor imaging in a mouse model of traumatic brain injury, Journal of Experimental Neurology 205:116-31, 2007.
- D.L. Brody, C. Mac Donald, C.C. Kessens, C. Yuede, M. Parsadanian, M. Spinner, E. Kim, K. Schwetye, D.M. Holtzman, P.V. Bayly, An electromagnetic controlled cortical impact device for precise, graded experimental traumatic brain injury, Journal of Neurotrauma. 24(4):657-73, 2007.
- P.V. Bayly, K. Dikranian, E. Black, C. Young, Y. Qin, J. Labruyere, J. Olney, Spatiotemporal evolution of apoptotic neurodegeneration following traumatic injury to the developing rat brain. Brain Research 1107:70-81, 2006.
- P.V. Bayly, T.S. Cohen, E.P. Leister, E.C. Leuthardt, G.M. Genin, Deformation of the human brain induced by mild acceleration. Journal of Neurotrauma. 22(8):845-856, 2005.
- P.V. Bayly, E.E. Black, R.C. Pedersen, E. Leister, G.M. Genin, In vivo imaging of rapid deformation and strain in an animal model of traumatic brain injury. Journal of Biomechanics. 39:1086-1095, 2006.
- A. Nekouzadeh, G.M. Genin, P.V. Bayly, E.L. Elson, Wave motion in relaxation testing of nonlinear elastic media. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Mathematical and Physical Sciences. 461(2058), 1599-1626, 2005.
- G. Stepan, R. Szalai, B.P. Mann, P.V. Bayly, T. Insperger, J. Gradiszek, E. Govekar, Nonlinear dynamics of high-speed milling: analyses, numerics and experiments, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics. 127(2):197-203, 2005.
- D.N. Dilley, D.A. Stephenson, P.V. Bayly, A.J. Schaut, Frequency shift in drilling due to margin engagement. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 127(2):271-276, 2005
- D.N. Dilley, P.V. Bayly, A.J. Schaut, Effects of the chisel edge on the chatter frequency in drilling. Journal of Sound and Vibration 281:423-438, 2005.
- N.D. Sims, P.V. Bayly, K.A. Young, Piezoelectric sensors and actuators for milling tool stability lobes, Journal of Sound and Vibration 281:743-762, 2005.
- D.N. Dilley, P.V. Bayly, B. Whitehead, S.G. Calvert, An analytical study of the effect of process damping on reamer vibrations, Journal of Sound and Vibration 280:997-1015, 2005.
- B.P. Mann, P.V. Bayly, M.A. Davies, and J.E. Halley, Limit cycles, bifurcations, and accuracy of the milling process, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 277:31-48, 2004.
- W. Liu, J. Chen, S. Ji, S. Allen, P.V. Bayly, S.A. Wickline, X. Yu, HARP MRI tagging for direct quantification of Lagrangian strain in rat hearts after myocardial infarction, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 52(6):1282-1290, 2004.
- P.V. Bayly, S. Ji, S.-K. Song, R.J. Okamoto, P. Massouros, G.M. Genin, Measurement of strain in physical models of brain injury: A method based on HARP analysis of tagged magnetic resonance images, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 126(4):523-528, 2004.
- C.E. Creeley, D.F. Wozniak, P.V. Bayly, J.W. Olney, L.M. Lewis, Multiple episodes of mild traumatic brain injury result in impaired cognitive performance in mice, Academic Emergency Medicine, 11: 809-819, 2004.
- R. Naunheim, P.V. Bayly, J. Standeven, J.S. Neubauer, L. Lewis, G.M. Genin, Linear and angular accelerations during heading of a soccer ball, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 35(8):1406-12, 2003.
- R. Naunheim, A. Ryden, J. Standeven, G.M. Genin, L.M. Lewis, P.V. Bayly, “Does soccer headgear attenuate the impact when heading a soccer ball,” Academic Emergency Medicine, 10: 85-90, 2003.
- T. Insperger, G. Stepan, P.V. Bayly, B.P. Mann, “Multiple chatter frequencies in milling process,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 262(2): 333-345, 2003.
- P.V. Bayly, J.E. Halley, Brian P. Mann, and M.A. Davies, “Stability of interrupted cutting by temporal finite element analysis,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 125:220-225, 2003.
- T. Insperger, B.P. Mann, G. Stepan, P.V. Bayly, “Stability of up-milling and down-milling. Part I: Alternative analytical methods,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacturing, 43:25-34, 2003.
- P.V. Bayly, M.T. Lamar, S.G. Calvert, “Low frequency regenerative vibration and the formation of lobed holes in drilling,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 124:275-285, 2002.
- P.V. Bayly, S.A. Metzler, A.J. Schaut, and K.A. Young, “Theory of torsional chatter in twist drills: model, stability analysis, and comparison to test,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 123, pp. 552-561, 2001.
- P.V. Bayly, K.A. Young, S.G. Calvert and J.E. Halley, “Analysis of tool oscillation and hole roundness error in a quasi-static model of reaming,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 123, pp.387-396, 2001.
- M.W. Kay, P.V. Bayly, R.B. Schuessler, “Effects of measurement error and sampling resolution on estimates of atrial tissue recovery parameters,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 28:677-690, 2000.
- A.R. Barnette, P.V. Bayly, S. Zhang, G.P. Walcott, R.E. Ideker, and W.M. Smith, “Estimation of 3-d conduction velocity vector fields from cardiac mapping data,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 47(8):1027-1035, 2000.
- J. Mahn and P.V. Bayly, “Natural frequency prediction by impact testing of stereolithographic models,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 224(3):411-430, 1999.
- P.V. Bayly, B.H. KenKnight, J.M. Rogers, R.E. Hillsley, R.E. Ideker, and W.M. Smith, “Estimation of conduction velocity vector fields from epicardial mapping data,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 45:563-571, 1998.
- P.V. Bayly and K.D. Murphy, “Coupling between dissimilar modes in an asymmetrically forced string,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 103:3362-3369, 1998.
- P.V. Bayly, B.H. KenKnight, J.M. Rogers, E.E. Johnson, W.M. Smith and R.E. Ideker, “Spatial organization, predictability, and determinism in ventricular fibrillation,” Chaos, 8:103-115, 1998.
- J.M. Schmitt and P.V. Bayly, “Bifurcations in the mean value of a horizontally shaken pendulum: analysis and experiment,” Nonlinear Dynamics 15:1-14, 1998.
- K.N. Slade, L.N. Virgin, and P.V. Bayly, “Extracting information from inter-impact intervals in a mechanical oscillator,” Physical Review E, 56(3):3705-3708, 1997.
- P.V. Bayly, “On the spectral signature of weakly bilinear oscillators”, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 118:353-361, 1996.
- B.H. KenKnight, P.V. Bayly, R.J. Gerstle, D.L. Rollins, P.D. Wolf, W.M. Smith and R.E. Ideker, “Regional capture of fibrillating ventricular myocardium: evidence of an excitable gap”, Circulation Research, 77:849-855, 1995.
- P.V. Bayly, E.E. Johnson, P.D. Wolf, W.M. Smith, and R.E. Ideker, “Predicting patterns of epicardial potentials during ventricular fibrillation,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 42(9):898-907, 1995.
- P.V. Bayly and L.N. Virgin, “Practical considerations in the control of chaos,” Physical Review E, 50(1):604-607, 1994.
- C. Alferness, P.V. Bayly, W. Krassowska, J.P. Daubert, W.M. Smith, and R.E. Ideker, “Strength-interval curves in canine myocardium at very short cycle lengths,” Pacing and Cardiac Electrophysiology, 17:876-81, 1994.
- K.D. Murphy, P.V. Bayly, L.N. Virgin and J.A. Gottwald, “Measuring the stability of periodic attractors using perturbation-induced transients: application to two nonlinear oscillators,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 172:85-102, 1994.
- P.V. Bayly, E.E. Johnson, H.S. Greenside, P.D. Wolf, W.M. Smith, and R. E. Ideker, “A quantitative measurement of spatial order in ventricular fibrillation,” Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 4:533-546, 1993.
- P.V. Bayly, E.E. Johnson, S.F. Idriss, R.E. Ideker and W.M. Smith, “Efficient electrode spacing for examining spatial organization during ventricular fibrillation,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 40:1060-1066, 1993.
- P.V. Bayly and L.N. Virgin, “An empirical investigation of the stability of periodic motion in the forced spring-pendulum,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, 443A:391-408, 1993.
- P.V. Bayly and L.N. Virgin, “An experimental study into an impacting pendulum,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 164(2):364-374, 1993.
- P.V. Bayly and L.N. Virgin, “Experimental evidence of diffusive dynamics and random walking in a simple deterministic mechanical system: the shaken pendulum,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 2:983-988, 1992.